Questions about a descendant report.

I have just created a descendant report with the Publishing Center in Legacy and even though this is a descendant report I wanted to add the stepchildren of my two brothers that we are very close to. It is okay if they are listed as stepchildren. I was hoping I could add my brother as an additional father but I can only add parents not parent. Is there a way to do this. I have published this for my family so they can see what I have accomplished in the last 20 years of researching. The book turned out wonderful as I wanted to add a lot of picutures so what I did is add an event called "Family" several times under the marriage of the couple. There are different dates and I added the appropriate picture for that year. It is nice to see how the family changed through the years. I tried to do it just under the marriage and add the different pictures but I could not get it to print the additional pictures, only the preferred picture. Any comments on different ways to do with would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

  1. Did your brother marry the mother of the children? If so, had another husband to her, then the children, I forgot how I did it, but I did it in my own case as I have children from a prior marriage, and have the children listed under our marriage, with their names they were born with. Try adding a parent(s) add an existing parent, and attach your brother. Probably would be easier to add him through the marriage. Hope I haven't confused you too much. It is possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go to each of your brother's stepchildren's family view page, click the "parents icon", click "Link to existing parents", select the marriage with your brother and the stepchildrens' mother, from the drop down list at the bottom of the marriage record, click the down arrow on the "Relationship to Father" line, select "step".  This will allow the stepchildren to be listed on your descendant report.  In "report Options" make sure the "Child-parent relationships" is checked.  When the stepchild is printed a comment to the right will print for the relationship to the father as "step".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the replies. I tried what you both suggested and it works. This is such a great group to be part of

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment