G’Day, I’m Bob Thompson of Queensland.

G’Day, I’m Bob Thompson of Yeronga, Queensland. (That’s in Oz by the way). I’ve been “playing” with my family tree since 1983 when I found a book in which I could record family details. It was more of a curiosity then. The problem with doing genealogy research was life would get in the way and I would stop. Then every five years or so the “bug” would bite and I would do a bit more research. I found the Ancestry program in 2002 and that allowed be to expand my view of genealogy. Then, during one of my hiatuses, Ancestry.com took over the world and kept sticking their hand out for money. I discovered Legacy in about 2012, imported my Gedcom file and have not looked back.

I found out about you guys last Sunday when I went to a Legacy User Group that is run in association with the Genealogical Society Queensland. Thus, here I am.

Comments

  1. Welcome Bob Thompson​ pleased to have another local in the community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another Ausie, that is good news, welcome Bob Thompson .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Bob Thompson . There are plenty of folks willing to help.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment