Source template ID number.

Is there an option to turn on the source template ID on permanently when viewing the Master Source List? I have been tidying up master sources where, sadly, I have used different templates for sources I know want to combine. (Using Tessa's naming system has highlighted this). When I try to combine sources which have different templates a pop up box asks if I want to show template ID's. I found this useful during my housekeeping but the disappear when I close the list. Is there a way to leave these displayed permanent? Hope this is clear enough.

Thanks

Comments

  1. I could be wrong but I don't believe there is. I spent a lot of time cleaning up sources and I still have some stragglers to do. I went through source by source and tagged the individuals that were using a particular source and then went to each person deleting and adding the correct source. I added the new source to the correct info and then deleted the old ones. I would name the new source and then add use this one or something to that effect to the end of it. Once I got the new source added to the correct people and information I would rename the new source the correct way.

    Unfortunately legacy does not always work the way we want it to but there is usually some type of work around.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shannon for your helpful response.  Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just starting with Legacy 8 and would like to avoid major clean-ups down the road. If you were just beginning, how would you approach entering source data, knowing what you know now? BTW my first step was to download my tree from Ancestry, so that's the input data with which I'm starting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Charlotte Hall I posted some screen shots in another post for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shannon, where can I see those screen shots?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Shannon Thomas !!!! But...where????

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janet the screen shots are in the LVUG community under How do I do that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment