New to LVUG community.

Hi from Cathy Claycamp.  I'm a "South Jersey Girl" at heart even though my husband and I live in western North Carolina now. I started genealogy many years ago as a teen.  I was able to trace my Gerlach line to Hans Gerlach born about 1569 probably in Mörfelden. Germany. He married Maria Jung.  They raised their family in Raunheim, Germany (yes I know it wasn't Germany at that time). My great great grandfather, David Friedrich came to New Jersey about 1856 from Lauffen am Neckar.  Other surnames I'm researching: Claycamp, Farsing,  Magin, Mersinger, Reader, Shoemaker, Singleton.

I use Legacy deluxe edition.  My goal for this year is to learn how to use the program better.  I attended Tessa's webinar 10 Tips for Using Legacy with Specialized Studies (which was excellent) and realized I should join this community as it will be a great way to achieve my goal. It will be funny getting to know you.

Comments

  1. Yes, welcome!  Many learning resources here thanks to Tessa Keough .  I wonder how many hours it would take to watch all of her videos?  A few full days worth at least!  Many are found under the "Tuesday's Tip" section over on the left hand column.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the kind words Cathy - Claycamp. We are thrilled that you joined us here at the LVUG Community. Please don't binge watch my videos (I would fear for your health!). Definitely check out the Tuesday's Tip topic AND use the search feature (the box with Search community in gray) right about the topics if you are looking for something in particular. If you don't find it, then ask the question by posting  - hopefully one of us can answer it OR it will be the next Tuesday's Tip! This is a great user-to-user community, and we all learn so much from each other. Welcome.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment