Is there a way to change the default data path in Legacy?



I am using Legacy version 8.0.0.473. I have moved my data files to C:\Legacy\Data\family name\family.fdb like the image shown below.  I maintain over 30 different family/name data folders. Not all of them have legacy 'family.fdb' files. I have problems with the data being in 'My Documents' such as C:\users\owner\MyDocuments\Legacy Family Tree\family name\family.fdb.
I do this because I use the same files and data to create web site updates. The files must be at root: such as C:\Legacy for software and web sites to operated properly with a relative path.  Otherwise I have to create two directory paths and maintain them both in sync. That's a problem.  So, is there a way to change the default data path to one of my choosing?

Comments

  1. I changed the "Default location of family files" to a folder in my Dropbox folder called Legacy Family Files which resides on my C drive. To do this, go to Customize, select 6. Locations, then click on the Change button under and to the right of 6.1 Default location, etc. You can change the drive you want your family files (your .fdb files) on -- an external drive if that's where you want them -- and if you want them in a different folder on whatever drive, click on New Folder and just type in the location & folder name. I keep my .fdb files in Dropbox because I can then access them, no matter how recently updated, on both my desk top AND my laptop computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cherie. That was simply to easy. It looks like it will work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment