Thanks to Michele Simmons Lewis and Jenny MacKay for telling me about this group.

I am sooo grateful to Michele Simmons Lewis and Jenny MacKay. After several years of frustrations with FTM's syncing issues with Ancestry.com, I finally switched to Legacy about a month ago. I'm finding the basic functionality of the software to be relative easy to use.

But I know there's so much more that can be done with it and that's where this community comes in. I've been reading the various posts and wow, I've a list of things I want to do in my tree.

I started my family research journey in 2009 when I retired. No one told me that it would become an obsession!!! And what a wonderful one it is. I've met the nicest people through genealogy.

Comments

  1. Welcome Cecily Bishop .  Be sure to check out the videos by Tessa Keough  for this group.  FAB stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Cecily Bishop - yes indeed this hobby/interest can become an obsession!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And Cecily Bishop something that is nice here is that you can link an image or include a link so we can see what the question is issue is (sometimes that picture is worth 1,000 words). I do find on sites that don't allow those kinds of posts or easy searches (and topics), you can be easily misunderstood. You can also send private messages (take it off community but stay online). It's all good in Google+ Communities. There are a variety that will help with your technology or your special interests.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Cicily Bishop. Be sure to watch for "Tessa's Tuesday Tips"! They are great and very informative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've reminded me to come back and have a look Cecily. Lots of good info here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment