Which directories store Legacy data.

Neil Errey Replying to your earlier question about locations.  legacy 7 is installed in C:\legacy. legacy 8 is installed in C under program files. I think if you move it you will mess up both programs. Computer people can advise if this is so.  legacy 8 creates its own storage folder in Documents now. You can change the location of your media files if you want to keep them in C;\legacy but probably not a good idea because of possible (?) conflicts. I used to have mine in Dropbox but am experimenting with the default locations. I'm not sure I like it where Legacy wants it either but I am losing  massive amounts of free trial storage in Dropbox and need to find alternatives.

Comments

  1. I don’t use the Legacy folder for media items.  I keep my media items in a “genealogy media” folder with family sub-folders.  The family folders have more sub-folders to separate census and other items.  I haven’t had any problems with any kind of conflicts.  If I move stuff, Legacy is able to find it. 
     
    OneDrive offers 15gb free storage a month if you haven’t looked at that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment