Tuesday's Tip - Wow what a week!

I was in Salt Lake City last week for RootsTech/FGS 2015 and the Salt Palace was full of genealogists and family historians from all over the world. I met genealogists from Australia, New Zealand, Canada, the UK, parts of Europe, and we were told every State was represented except for West Virginia. Between the sessions and the exhibit hall, things were happening every moment. And then across the street was the Family History Library.

I got to meet several LVUG Community members and that was a treat! The Legacy Family Tree booth was busy selling the program and various add-ons - but I don't think there were any demonstrations at their booth until the third or fourth day. Sadly I did not see any ribbons for Legacy (free advertisements that everyone seems to collect) so I could not add that to my lanyard and badge (darn). I understand from one of the booth employees that Geoff was unable to make the trip due to a bad back (surgery in his future apparently).

I did hear that on the final day, one of our members got her questions answered by Ken McGinnis.  And that Q&A will be next week's Tuesday's Tip - an interesting question and Beverley Fieg continued to make the effort to find someone who could help her (well done!).

I presented at RootsTech and it was a great experience - nothing like speaking to an enthusiastic audience (spoke on one-name studies and surname research). All in all a busy but fun week. Be sure to watch the sessions that were streamed and recorded by RootsTech AND many of the FGS sessions were recorded and are for sale at their website. Our own Linda McCauley was hard at work (on behalf of FGS) the entire conference - impressive!

And my tip - get to a regional, national or international genealogy conference if you are able. The experience is a treat and meeting other genealogists is great fun!

Comments

  1. See you at the GOONS Conference in March

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul Featherstone I am attending the Guild conference "virtually" - sadly not in person (because the UK would be a nice trip indeed)..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the mention, Tessa.  It was so great to meet and get to know you.  It's always fun to share questions and ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ..and I enjoyed chatting with you at RootsTech too -- I love getting to do both - genealogy AND technology.  Already have next year on my calendar!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment