Question about the date format in Legacy.

Hi, I'm asking this on obehalf of a friend who asked me ... and I haven't been able to help them, so hopefully someone here can.

They have Legacy 8 and are in Australia, so have their date format set to DD-MMM-YYYY in the program.

However when they go to print out a chart for US relatives, they want to change the date US format (MMM-DD-YYYY).

I suggested changing going to Options, and changing it in the program, but that didn't seem to work. But also within the Help in Legacy Charting is says that the “Charting Options” should have a tab called “Date Options”,  but it’s NOT THERE . And as yet I haven't found any other possible way to change the date format.

Anyone else come across this? Or know how to get the desired result?

Comments

  1. I don't see anywhere to change to date format except to change it under customize then #5 Date Formatting.  I also do not have a Date Options tab under general options.  I would contact Legacy support for an answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Shannon says to change the date it is now under Customize and the American forms are there, but you cannot have both.  They could change it, print their charts etc and then change it back to our way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to change the "Date Displayed As" (gbl) to North American format but it will not accept it. I get the following error message.

    STYLES MUST BE COMPATIBLE

    You have selected the date format of mm-dd-yyyy. This is different from the Date Input format day month year. Since these two settings must be compatible, Legacy will change the date display Format to day-month-year so they match.

    I have searched in vain for the Date Input Format.

    So it seems like a circular argument.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the responses ... I'shall let my friend know

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment