Question about Descendant book report - help.

I have a problem with the Descendant Book Report that I can't figure out.  My stepson is in his second marriage.  He is a 5th generation descendant of the main person the report is generated on.  No matter what I do his second marriage shows up before his first message (as shown below).


Jason married on , in .
Children from this marriage were:
Jason next married in 1992.  The marriage ended in divorce before 2007.
The child from this marriage was:

I have a similar situation with my wife (who is a 4th generation person in this report).  This is the second marriage for both of us but the report reflects our situation correctly.  I looked at the marriage list and thought that maybe it was based on the marriage record number since I entered Jason's second marriage first.  I deleted and recreated the second marriage so that the index numbers would be sequentially correct but that didn't help either.  In fact I think I did the same with my wife and I (I entered our marriage before entering our previous marriages).

Any ideas?

thanks,

james

Comments

  1. I believe that Jason's spouse list is not sorted by date. Click on the Spouses icon at the bottom left of his section on the Family page to bring up the Spouse List. Then sort or manually adjust the order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. James Green , I would look at William Whalley's suggestion, that was my first thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks folks!  That seems to have worked.  It was weird though in that it seemed to take a little playing around to make it "stick".  The first time I did the sort it didn't work.  I then made wife1 the "preferred" spouse.  Then it worked.  However, when I went to Jason's record I wanted his current spouse to be the preferred spouse (no pun intended :-) ).  I then reset wife2 to "preferred" and re-ran the report and it looks sequentially correct (at least for now).  Thanks again for the quick help.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment