How to research together using Legacy?

I'm having a strange issue--which I hope is not a duplicate query. My friend and I do research on his family on separate continents.  When we have updated our files, we want to merge the information without overwriting each other's work.  We would love to be able to use a database simultaneously, but since Legacy downloads the family file onto the local machine and overwrites the database when it backs up, we seem to have hit an impasse on how to research together.  Am I missing it or IS there a way for multiple users to work on a family history?

Comments

  1. A friend of mine uses Dropbox as her default storage location for her Legacy file so that it doesn't matter which device she opens it on. The only challenge would be that you would not want to both be working on the file simultaneously. That might not be a problem if you have a sufficient time difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Legacy has an Intellishare function.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment