What does "clear all" mean on the source clipboard?

Okay here is a dumb basic question.  I have source #1 that is a church record.  I want to keep that source because I have several more people I need to add this source to.  Source #2 is an obit for an aunt who just passed away and I am through with this source and want to replace it with an obituary for my 2nd great grandfather.  At the bottom of the source is a button that says clear all.  Does it clear only source #2 or will it clear sources #1 and #2? Thanks!

Comments

  1. I think it clears all of them. Play with it in the sample file before you messs with your good file.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you have multiple sources listed across the top, all of them are being applied every time you click the dash button. If you are wanting sources applied individually, you will have to have only one listed in the top five sources. To keep one, such as the church record, you can save it and then when you want to use it, click the 'Load' button for that named source and it will become the active source.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Melanie, I decided that and Donna I figured out that all of the sources are applied. Wish that wasn't the case.  I was busy adding church records to my family when an aunt passed away. I wanted to add her obituary and keep my church record on the source writer. Well the obit is now added and I had to go in and delete the incorrect sources that were added.  I also found an obit for my great great grandfather that I needed to add.  Had to also remove the incorrect sources from him.  I always learn more from my mistakes than any other way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment