Any update on TNG import to Legacy?

I have been a user of The Master Genealogist for years, but unfortunately this excellent software will now close down. No more updates will come, so I have decided to make a change to Legacy. I have bought the Pro Version and have made a gedcom transfer from TMG. It doesn't look too bad, but some things are missing.
I know the people behind Legacy are working on a direct import from TMG, but it is some time now since we heard anything about the progress.
Can someone in this group enlighten me a bit ?

Comments

  1. Jan Christensen , what is missing?  Did you get an error report during the loading??  I did when I moved to Legacy.

    I am not sure, but, I believe that some of the Legacy people have been on a cruise the last week or so??  I would post a question on their web site about the direct import question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still waiting, I known there is a beta group of testers. I am Still working in TMG, it will last until they get a good transfer method. But I have a test project in Legacy so I can learn it's secrets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Test project and having time, two very good things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not get any error reports, but f. ex. the research log which I have used quite extensivly in TMG, was not imported, but I guess that is understandable.
    Also roles in TMG are not recorded in a gedcom-file.
    All the people and connections seem to be fine and also the various tags, as far as I have checked.
    Remarks and notes in connection with sources are also missing.
    So I guess we have to wait for the cruise-people to get back to work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jan Christensen , interesting.  I believe you have pointed out the failings of the GEDCOM (many of us are aware of that, SIGHHH)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment