October 6th - How do you identify yourself?

Photo by Vladislav Klapin on Unsplash

So when you think about your origins or ethnic background, how do you identify yourself? My ancestors came to the USA late enough that I have always considered myself 50% Irish, 25% Slovenian, 12.5% Swedish and 12.5% Norwegian for my origins while being 100% American as far as my nationality. The Origins Report in Legacy takes a look at your family file and based on what you ask it to look at (and how far back you have traced your lines), it will produce a visual report. I don't know about you but I love visuals!

Today - let's play with the Origins Report. A couple things to keep in mind are (1) how many ancestors you have included in your family file, (2) if you have included locations for them and how those locations are read by Legacy, (3) that boundaries for countries and who rules them may not be how your ancestors saw themselves.

Take a look at the images included here - I show you how to find the Origins Report, what items to tick off, and discuss my results and how I take what Legacy provided and give it some thought. Why not give it a go and then share the results of your Origins Report with the rest of us

















Comments

  1. Shows me I haven't yet finished correcting and standardizing my Master Locations listings!  Easy to do with Legacy, however.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was the same thing I notice Celia Lewis  - well at least we will always have something to do!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment