Cleaning up an imported FTM file.

Having a few issues so I'll put them in 2 posts.

I imported and cleaned up a FTM file - manually deleted every "Record Changed" event.  They were showing up as problems.    When I run a possible problems report, it is clean.  When I try to delete that event definition, it shows all the same people still using it.

I ran  Descendant book and all of the Record Changed events are showing up.  I revisited each person and there are no Record Changed events.  How can I get this to go away?  Thanks!

Comments

  1. Just off the top, you might try running the three routines under File Maintenance on the File menu. They should remove any extraneous material or point out errors in your file, if that is the problem. Can't think of anything beyond that at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ed.  Great ideas and I did them all.  DIdn't resolve the issue.  :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, a phantom event...  You might try combining your problem event with another unused one (or create a new one for the purpose - you can do this on the Master Event Defn List) and see if that event turns up again in your people records and can be properly deleted.  If not, you might want to submit a problem report to Legacy - something may have happened behind the scenes when the FTM import occurred.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ed - another great idea.  Another failure.  I'll submit  a problem report.  Thanks for your help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Issue resolved.  Support took the file and deleted the bad recs.  THANKS SUPPORT!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment