Tuesday's Tip - Watch Debunking Misleading Records.

This week is an easy one (a no-brainer!). There are a handful (6) genealogy/family history speakers who I will make every effort to see in person, watch a webinar or hangout, or listen to a podcast or recording if they are the presenter. Why? Because these individuals have a great deal of insight, I always learn something, and they make every effort to update and keep their content current and thoughtful.

For me, one of those speakers is Thomas Jones.  Over at the Legacy Webinar series, you still have a few days to enjoy his "Debunking Misleading Records" webinar before it goes behind the paywall. Perhaps you attended live (it may be worth re-watching), perhaps you missed it (check it out). Thomas Jones is not a light presenter (when I first started out in genealogy, he was a special speaker and his material was far over my head). I am happy to say now "I get it." So today's tip, this is a webinar recording you don't want to miss - you have until August 10th.
http://www.familytreewebinars.com/download.php?webinar_id=239

Comments

  1. I'm curious who the others might be.  For me, Mills, Russell, MacEntee, Smolenyak and Ortega are my other five.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure others might have more or less than 6 - and I am a fan of the individuals you named but have not heard all of them speak so they might not be on my list (you go to more conferences and seminars than I do - I need more hours in a day). I have had the personal seminar experience and been wowed by Elizabeth Shown Mills, Judy Russell, Josh Taylor and Lisa Louise Cooke - the sixth person - let's leave that open!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment