How to run a simple search with modification date - help.

I am trying to run a simple detailed search to find those people modified on a certain date.  What format do I use for the date?  I have run several tests and I cannot get it to work.  I am clicking on Find > Detailed Search,  under Primary Condition, "Look for Whom", I chose "Individual", under "Where to Look" I chose "Modified Date",  under "How to look" I chose "Equal To", under "What to Look For" I typed "07/08/14" (meaning July 8, 2014.  I have tried this test in both version 7.5 and 8.0.  I get the message, "No records were found with this criteria" even though I can plainly see there are records with this date.  Also, if I choose "After" in the category "How to Look", and use the same date, it brings up ALL the records in my file, which is not correct. Hmmm. . . . Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

Comments

  1. Have you tried primary and secondary conditions,  with a before date and after date?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just did.  I put before 07/09/14 and after 07/07/14 (trying for 07/08/14 to show up).  It said no records even though I can see I have at least one person with that date.  Am I putting the dates in correctly?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is your normal date format as per the Customize options you have selected? Have you tried a four digit year? 14 could just as easily be 1714, 1814, 1914, etc. After all, most of our genealogy pursuits usually occur before the year 2000.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I was using the format that shows up in the modified date section at the bottom right of the screen when you have someone highlighted. AHA!  That did it!  Thanks Ed Allard That is misleading IMO, as I was following Legacy's example in the modified date section. For me typing 08 Jul 2014 did the trick- THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment