Using the source clipboard in Legacy 7.

As long as we are discussing sources-- I am aware of and use the source clipboard a lot and have 7 or my saved slots filled with my favorite and most often used sources. Love it. Also have the source clipboard setting 7.5 set to allow one source on the source clipboard.

But i am curious about the other option in 7.5 setting "Allow up to 5 sources". I do know that when you click on the single bar, and you have a source in each one of the tabs, all 5 will be assigned to that particular event. Why would a person want to do that - in what situation? I guess I need an explanation as the value of this option.

I think I would quickly have a very big mess.

Comments

  1. I haven’t used all 5 at once but I have used several at once.  One reason is obituaries.  I am going thru fixing early sources that weren’t done right.  I had digital access to a newspaper that I can now also get the paper image that I did not have years ago when I started – those come from 2 different places so my source is set up accordingly.  I want to keep my original info because it includes the date I first found it.  Even though the obit is the same, the sources are different so I just copy them to the appropriate fact. 
     
    Also with obituaries, I look at what is on the funeral home site.  Since newspapers charge more for longer obits, sometimes the ones on the funeral home site contain more information - I also want the “paper” copy of the obit so use both.  For the lines that were not in the paper, I just remove the source from that line after I paste it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly, for the ideas on how you have used more than one source at a time. I just had a blank spot in my mind on what type of occassion would this feature be handy.
    Has anyone else used multiple sourcing in any other ways?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment