Continue to learn with genealogy conferences.

I think one of the best things we can do for ourselves is continue to learn - whether that is learning more about genealogy or learning more about Legacy. Last weekend I had the opportunity to present on "Avoiding Shiny Penny Syndrome" at the #SCGSJ2016 (Southern California Genealogy Society's 2016 Jamboree).

I originally gave a 5 minute tip about Shiny Penny Syndrome 4 years ago during a Legacy Idol "contest" that Geoff Rasmussen ran as part of a Legacy presentation. I built on that idea and my presentation includes lots of references to Legacy Family Tree Software because it is my software of choice. It was live-streamed and recorded and will be available until July 5th. Geoff and the Legacy/Millennia team were in the Exhibit Hall helping current and future users with their questions. All in all, it was a terrific experience for the 1,400 genealogists who attended.

Now today's Tuesday's Tip is to take a look at the 14 free to view recordings by visiting the SCGS Jamboree home page and getting a password - super easy and then choose which presentations will be helpful to you with your research needs. Always a great idea to continue our education and a real bonus when we can do it for free!

Comments

  1. Can't wait to have some free time this busy month to catch some of these sessions. Your's is at the top of my list Tessa Keough​!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully I will have some time to watch a few of these. Thanks for sharing Tessa Keough

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment