Using shared events with a census.

I am a new user of Legacy Family Tree. I am using shared events to record a census. I am having trouble with changing the event role of the primary person that the event is shared from. I would like to change the event role of the primary individual to Head of household, but can't seem to find the right screen.

Has anyone else had this same issue? I'm sure it is just a matter of finding the right screen, but the help file does not appear to be helpful in this matter.

Comments

  1. It's a bit hard to find. After you've added someone and they are highlighted, click on edit role and then the little down arrow of the role field.. If you don't like the suggestions, click on add/edit and make up your own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But this only lets me change the roles for the people the event is shared with. Not the person the event is shared from. The original person isn't included in the list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's odd, I never noticed that but I don't share my census events. I think the primary role is supposed to be entered in the description field. It does seem strange that the choice is there though. Here's a work around. I added head of household to the description and played with the census sentence. [HeShe] appeared as [Desc] on the census taken [onDate] [inPlace]. reads as He appeared as Head of Household on the census taken on Jun 1, 1900 in New York, Queens, New York, USA. This event was shared with Joe Smith (Household Member)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment