Standard sentences and notes in Legacy.

I submitted a trouble ticket several weeks ago and did not hear back, but maybe the problem is something I'm doing wrong.

In Legacy, many events allow you to add information in addition to the standard sentence that is generated for a report.  For example, the immigration event for one person on a family tree I'm searching would generate this sentence based on the basic information I put into the fields for description, date and place:
Richard immigrated on the S.S. Caledonia on 23 Apr 1911 to New York City.

But I had more information, which I put in the Event Notes section, and I checked the "add events to the sentence"  which would append the following:
The ship had departed Londonderry on 15 April 1911.  Richard was described as 26 years old, single, bricklayer, British.  
The Events dialogue box shows the appended/combined sentence correctly, but none of the reports will include the Event Notes for any of the events (immigration, census, and many more), no matter what I do to set up the report.

Has anyone else run into this?  I think but am not sure it worked correctly say a year ago.  So maybe the problem (if it's not my mistake) came up in a recent release or is related to my conversion to Windows 10.  (I'm up to date on updates for both Legacy and Windows, and I tested this again tonight.)
Thanks for any help!!

Comments

  1. I just ran one in mine and it worked OK.  I have the latest Legacy update but using Windows 7 so maybe it is an issue with Legacy & Windows 10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for testing it out.  Did you need to click any special boxes when setting up the report parameters?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the latest version of Legacy and use Windows 10.  Here are the steps I use.  No matter what report click report options.  Under the Include tab and the Events section click on Event Options.  Down near the bottom there is Other Options.  Click the box for Add Event Notes.  If you need more clarification I can do some screen shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That worked - thank you, thank you!  Amazing that it was buried about 3 levels down in the options.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment