Handling information in tabular format within Legacy.





So the topic I really need to discuss is the handling of tabular format data within the Legacy environment.

As you can see in the following images I have attempted to transcribe some tabular information into Legacy. Firstly I attempted to do it directly into a Notes field but the lack of word processor and table controls made this painful.

I then tried it using MS Word with its table features ( Fig 2). However the result in the Note (Fig 3) is not WYSIWYG which made final formatting difficult to judge (see fig 4).

The next attempt was in MS Notepad (fig 5) using the TAB key to format the columns. This was reasonably successful in both the Note field (Fig 6) and when used to produce a Report (Fig 7).

BUT when I tried to do the same thing with the web format it all turned to ….. custard. (Fig 8)

In short tabular data seems to be really harder than it should be.


Thus my question: Is there an easier way, am I missing something?
























Comments

  1. I use Evernote for anything that does not work in Legacy. You can do tables in Evernote but there is no way to sort the table. I will do a new post with screen shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob I did a quick post but it won't let me tag you...let me know if you have any questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Shannon, I use Evernotes as well so I look forward to your post.
    Tell me about these tags, I've seen them but don't understand them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment