What is the difference between unrelated and spouses and in-laws?

Could someone please explain the difference between 'Unrelated' and 'Spouses and Inlaws'. In Detailed Search there's only one qualifier; Equal To.

Relationship Equal To 'Spouses and Inlaws' should be different than Relationship Equal To 'Unrelated'. But, it isn't. When I search for 'Unrelated' I get Inlaws. When I search for 'Unrelated' minus 'Spouses and Inlaws' I still get Inlaws. When I search for 'Spouses and Inlaws' I just get Spouses.

Comments

  1. I did a search using my 8th great grandfather. Relationship equal to spouses and inlaws includes my husband, his sister, and his parents. Relationship equal to unrelated is everyone that the my 8th great grandfather is not related to. Relationship equal to related does not include any of my husbands family.

    I don't know if that helps you any. Maybe there is a relationship in there that you did not realize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon Thomas I'm glad it's working for you. It's obviously not working for me.

    I wonder if it's possible for Search to be corrupted in an individual installation because I've noticed several times that I don't get accurate results.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment