Tuesday's Tip - A heads-up that we will not be having a LVUG hangout.

Between holiday plans and activities (that seem to be overwhelming and keep growing in number), I thought we could use a little break. So relax and enjoy that hour - perhaps spend it working on your genealogy research, adding some Christmas memories to your Legacy database, or spreading good cheer to friends or neighbors. 

If you could use just a few moments out of your day to let me know what topics you would like us to cover in 2015 - I would consider it a gift (my not so subtle Christmas tie-in!). Just post your thoughts right below in the comment section.

If you are wondering what to do with yourself since we don't have a hangout this month, why not check out any of the 31 video tips that were posted  here at the LVUG Community and at my YouTube channel in October. They all relate to some topic in the Legacy Help file and maybe there will be something new to you.

For my part, that half hour a day FindAGrave project is coming along nicely and I have found several family members' entries with my search list. How is your project coming along?

Comments

  1. Since I am behind in watching the hangouts and the Tuesday tips, I won't suggest anything...yet! You probably have already covered it! Thanks so much for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no such thing as being behind (makes it a chore). Take a look and if the topic appeals and is something that you can use now, then watch or listen. Otherwise, know that the videos are there when and if you need them. It's all good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Find A Grave project is not going quite as planned.  I was doing very well with sticking to just my list but then I found my 5th great grandparents on my mom's side.  Score!  I went off course a little bit but have found a few more people to add to my database.  Hopefully I can get back on track with my 1/2 hour tonight.

    As for future topics to cover I would like to see how others use GenSmarts with their Legacy program.  I have GenSmarts and I have used it a few times but I would really like to use it better.

    Honestly, it seems that no matter what topic we cover I always come away with some new information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Direct Line new information is worth any sidetrack imo!  Yay

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to learn more about  the Intellishare feature.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah Shannon Thomas rules were made to be broken - good for you and we want to hear all about this find after the holidays! Very cool.

    Keep those ideas coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tessa Keough  Thank you all for a marvelous 2014.  Your hard work is so much appreciated.  As for 2015 -   I would like to learn how users of Legacy create spreadsheets to supplement their research.  I also like Shannon's idea of tackling GenSmarts.  Again, thank you for all the valuable subjects that were presented in 2014.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment