Tuesday's Tip - Carve a bit of time to reflect on what you have accomplished.

As we get swamped with holiday plans and activities, try to carve a bit of time to reflect on what you accomplished in 2014 (any special projects, research trips or courses) and think about what you might want to focus on in 2015.

What areas of research do you plan to focus on? What seminars and conferences do you want to attend (either in person or virtually)? What projects, societies or groups do you plan to volunteer some time with? And what Legacy webinar sessions fit in with your interests and plans? BECAUSE the 2015 Legacy Webinar Schedule is out and you can register for any sessions that you are interested in all from the comfort of your computer! Why not check out what is on the schedule and if any of those sessions fit in with your research plans for 2015. The red link in the top right-hand corner is a simple way to register for multiple sessions at one time.

Although our LVUG Community is not affiliated with Legacy or Millennia, we do like their software AND know a good thing when we see it - the Legacy Webinar Series is an example of Legacy's continued commitment to education in the genealogy and family history field. 
http://www.familytreewebinars.com/upcoming-webinars.php

Comments

  1. Happy Holidays to all.  I don't do resolutions, or such, but, I did set an informal goal for my self for 2014 to blog more genie and clean up old emails, and files.

    I have managed to do more blogging, I am almost done with the 52 Ancestor Weeks meme.  I cannot believe how much fun it was and how hard it was.

    I have also managed, by the skin of my teeth to get a blog post up each month on the 16th at the Worldwide Genealogy blog.  One more for the year.

    I have reduced my genie emails and files.  Not done by a far stretch, but, every file moved, every email dealt with is one step closer.

    So, all in all, I am reasonably happy with 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent - I agree not too big on resolutions but I do like to give myself a few projects or research goals for the year and I do take a look at groups or volunteer projects that I want to continue or that I decide to step back from. It is always good to have a direction (no matter how many paths or meanders you take). Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not yet. I do agree it's good to have some plans. Some of mine run a season, or half a year, others by the month. I write a short list at the beginning of every month using single words that give a sense of what I think I'm thinking about and focusing on for the month ahead. At the beginning of the next month I look back and see how my intuition was working, or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I create a note in Evernote monthly with a list of things I want to accomplish genealogy wise as well as in everything else.  Long term goals don't work for me...I need them to be smaller to help keep me focused.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment