I imported from FTM 2014 into Legacy 8 - question.

I just imported from FTM 2014 into Legacy 8 and plan to work in Legacy from here on out.  The check/repair report in Legacy says I need to verify/correct the gender of one wife.  When I clicked on "Nancy", sure enough she was listed as a male. :)  All of the data entry boxes on her individual Information form appear editable except for gender.  "Female" and "?" are grayed out and I cannot change her gender from male to female.  What now?

I also have another marriage where the report says I need to verify/correct the gender of a husband, but he is marked down as male and his wife is female so I presume I tell the program to ignore that error from here on out.

Comments

  1. Change her name to Norman;  just joking.  Is it possible that she is/has been married to a person that is shown as a female?  

    I'm guessing Legacy assumes the marriage relationship doesn't allow a change for sex.  But, just a guess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go to the Help menu.  Type in the word "sex" in the search box.

    Up comes, change Gender, click and you will find:

    Changing Gender

    If you find that you need to change the gender of an individual, (if, for example you or someone else set it incorrectly when entering the individual) it is easy to do.  The procedure, however, depends on the situation:

    If the individual has not yet been linked to a spouse, simply open the Information screen for the person and change the gender by choosing the appropriate M or F setting just to the right of the Title Suffix field.

    If you have already linked the individual to a spouse, you can swap the genders of the two individuals by choosing Swap Husband and Wife from the Edit tab of the Ribbon bar while the desired couple are displayed as the main Husband and Wife on the Family View or highlighted on the Pedigree, Descendant, or Index View.  (If either the male or the female is linked to more than one partner, the swap cannot be made.  You will have to unlink the other partner(s), swap the gender of the current couple, and then make the necessary gender changes to the other partners before linking them back in.)


    Good luck~!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much!  I had searched online and in my books on how to change gender in Legacy Family Tree and had come up empty.  Searching the help menu with the term "sex" instead of "gender" worked perfectly.  I hadn't thought to use the help menu (Legacy newbie)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment