Question about media gallery.

I just got the new version of Legacy a few months ago and have been happily entering my data into it.  Just started to enter pics into the Media Gallery and I'm having problems.  It's extremely slow when I try to scroll through to find a picture, flickers, and after just a few pictures it crashes the computer loosing the pics that I just put on.  I have used Family Tree Maker for years and have never had any problem with my pictures there.    I love Legacy 8 Deluxe but I have to have the pictures.  Does anyone have any suggestions for me to try so that I don't have to go back to Family Tree Maker?  Does it not like Windows 8?  Is there a setting I just don't know about?

Comments

  1. Carol King , how large (bytes) are your images??  I usually down size most.  Down to about 500,000 to 750,000 bytes max.

    And, where are you storing them??  In Legacy, or in a place of your choice??  Not sure that makes any difference in this case tho.

    How full is your hard drive??  When is the last time you defragged the hard drive??  Any change you have a malware issue??

    The movement from scrolling can be a bit slow, but, I rarely have issues with it shutting down.

    I do, however, save or close after each multimedia image I add.  Cause if you don't and you crash, you will lose stuff.

    Looking forward to other answers, I always learn something - - 

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using Legacy 8 and have uploaded lots of pictures and imges with no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also having this problem and I never had it when using 7.5.  I hope they find a fix for this I contacted support and did everything they told me to do and I still am having trouble with freezing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment