Moving the date for our July hangout.

As our long-time LVUG Community members know we have a monthly hangout on the third Thursday of the month. Last month we took a "start of summer" break in the schedule because everyone's schedules were swamped. We have been really good about keeping to our schedule and providing you with (we hope) interesting and informative monthly meetings. And we will continue to do that in the future - as all of us do this as volunteers and we enjoy it.

However, this month a couple of things took up more of my volunteer time than expected. Those of you who know that I am in the Guild of One-Name Studies might know that there has been some admin issues (nothing to be done by us but it generated lots of heat on social media) and in my position as the USA national rep I got hammered with emails. In addition I did a presentation last week for the Friends of the National Archives that took up more time than I originally planned. Suffice it to say - the third Thursday in July snuck up on me (and the rest of the moderators). I don't want to miss two months in a row - so if you will bear with me - we will have our July hangout on air next Thursday  July 24 - and a notice/invitation will go out tomorrow. If you can make it GREAT, if you can't make it live - no worries as we will record the hangout and you can find it on YouTube. Thanks for understanding - it is much appreciated.

Comments

  1. Tessa Keough, I've been MIA for Hangouts for several months now due to some conflicts and workload issues. I'll be at GRIP next week, and my August schedule is impossible. I hope to be available again starting in September. I miss participating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Understood - Linda McCauley we are all busy over the summer months - no worries. And with over 600 LVUG Community members we are interested in having everyone join in - whether you want to present, co-present, be in the room and chat or ask questions, watch and give us written comments or some combination! This is all about learning, sharing and having fun as we figure out all the features of Legacy and work with our family history.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tessa Keough, I probably will be MIA next week.  I am so sorry.  Our connectivity issues have been horrible, death in immediate family, my summer as well has taken some totally unexpected turn abouts.  

    This is a great opportunity tho for some of the other 600 members to be up front and personal type participants!  Many have lots to offer.  I learn so much from the comments and threads here at the community.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I constantly learn from the great questions and helpful answers here at the LVUG Community. There are often more than a few ways to something in Legacy and our members are pretty creative Carol Stevens. We have lots to chat about next Thursday and online learning will be a small part of the discussion.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment