Temporary glitch with FamilySearch.

Legacy News says there's a temporary glitch with FamilySearch. The same Legacy News inside my v.7 database says FamilySearch no longer works with v.7 and the link to the article takes me straight to a download page for v.8 instead of the actual article of which I though there might be more.

In the meantime, I opened FamilySearch from Legacy and it's doing searches just fine. Well, sort of, and then freezes. And if I click on anything with arrows the arrows disappear.. I guess Geoff will get through the panic soon and tell us what's really going on.

Comments

  1. Wasn't it because of the DDOS attack on Ancestry and associated sites? I heard Family Search is working OK now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as I could understand Geoff so far, FamilySearch made a change so that it no longer works with Legacy v.7. Nothing to do with Ancestry.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My understanding is that this issue is strictly between FamilySearch.org and Legacy (some changes made at FS that affect the Legacy program). The issues Ancestry (and its affiliated companies) are facing is a denial of service attack and is being worked on. Two totally separate items. So for now and until Legacy understands changes made by FS and modifies its program, best to work on something else in your program. And remember there are lots of great websites (think State and newspapers) or you could get outside and take some cemetery photos - just a couple of ideas to get you through these glitches. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment