Working with notes and reports in Legacy - can we move things around?

Folks here solved my last question, so I'm hoping there is a simple solution here, too (perhaps buried deep in options)...
(My question is at the end, if all my explanation is too long and unnecessary)

With my previous software (Generations), I put much of my collected information on an individual in the "Notes" field.  In Legacy, I'm working my way through thousands of people in my database to  catalog Events properly.  BUT I still have information that better fits Notes, such as stories and things that don't fit into an event item and really fill in the holes.  In Generations, the Notes information would come after the vital statistics in a report.  In Legacy, the Notes and Research information comes first in the reports I've generated - that is weird to me because it results in a story about someone before the basic chronology of the person is given.  So my question:

Is there a way to tell Legacy to put Notes information AFTER the chronological list of events?  That would make much more sense in how I use Notes.  Thanks for any help!

Comments

  1. Maybe in the descriptions of residences or occupations recorded near the time of the tale....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which report are you using? I just did an Individual Report and birth, death, and research notes show at the end of all of the other information.

    I do not use a lot of notes but instead create events to help keep information in chronological order for my people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just re-checked an example of a descendant report.  So let me clarify with a little more detail.  
    The person's name, birth and death are given first in sentence form.  Next, notes for the person are added - general, research, medical and even marriage notes.  AFTER those notes, the individual events of the person's life are given as a chronological bullet list.
    So I would like to put all the notes following the bullet list of events.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment