The option to print some reports/lists in a csv in Legacy.

As some of you know, Legacy provides us an option to print some reports/lists in a csv (comma separated value) format. One csv format is Microsoft Excel and I often put search results in an Excel worksheet so I can manipulate it and work with it outside of my Legacy family file. I attended RootsTech back in February and did a computer lab presentation on using Excel with genealogy. I recorded the presentation (15 examples on working in Excel) and thought some of our LVUG Community members who are new to Excel might find the videos helpful (I did each example separately - shorter and focused). They are over at my YouTube Channel - TessaWatch - and I am including the link to the Playlist for the Fun with Excel videos.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnO_AfsN2gON21xxk5DBBHjhrYSAGoD5H

Comments

  1. This also works with Open Office (free).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw those last night, Tessa Keough​ and was going to write and tell you how excited I was. I started watching them last night. Thanks for recording them. You have been busy! We will all benefit by learning from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all benefit by learning from each other - and I am not an expert in Excel but have found some helpful tips or ways of doing things that help me with my genealogy. Happy if we can share knowledge and work together. Would love to know others' tips as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Hardy Pottinger - I mention in the introduction that whether you use any spreadsheet program - these types of examples work (they just might be called something different or be located in a different place - use each program's HELP section to get sorted). Something to think about is that the Office productivity tools are free in the app/online version. I have just always used and liked Excel (I am a Windows/Office gal).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now to find some time to watch! Thank you Tessa Keough!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey once they are up - you watch on your schedule. Just needed to get through that project which took more time than I thought it would (always the case).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment