Today is Aunts/Uncles Day - who knew?

Today is Aunts/Uncles Day - who knew? Well apparently Ancestry.com knew and they are asking the question "which aunt or uncle would you like to meet?" I would add "and why?"

So for a little fun, open your Legacy family tree file and take a look around. Which aunt or uncle would you like to meet?

For my part, I'm choosing my 2x great uncle Andrew Keough (1832-1904) married to Mary Driscoll (1830-1896). Andrew was one of Andrew Keough and Catherine Aylward's ten children. He should have lots of information for me on his parents (please where is Catherine from and who are her people), his siblings and their families, and his own family (he and Mary had 9 children).

He could tell me what life was like in Newfoundland (specifically Plate Cove East). I could fill in lots more blanks with what he could tell me, take my family back another generation (if he knows who his parents' parents were) and a few brick walls would come tumbling down.

How about you - which aunt or uncle would like you like to meet up with and why?

Comments

  1. I would pick a 2nd great aunt – Mary (McCoy) Shirley (1816-1852).  She was the daughter of Hugh McCoy & Nancy Ann O’Hara.  I picked her because she was the first murder victim that I found in my family.  She was beaten to death by her husband James Shirley (1814-1853)  – he was the first person executed for murder in Blair County, Pennsylvania in 1853. 
     
    There is a lot written about him but her name isn’t even mentioned in the articles – it is always “his wife.”  I would like to ask her about what happened the night he killed her.  I would like to know where she is buried.  Mary & James had two young children when she was murdered.  James also had a son that was the son of Mary’s sister, Alice who died sometime between 1841 when the son was born & when James & Mary were married 1843.  Mary’s daughter is unaccounted for as far as showing up in any records and I would like to know what happened to her (someone in heaven should know what is going on here on earth, right!). 
     
    Of course, I would have the usual questions about her parents & siblings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment