Having a glitch with locations - help.

I believe I am running into a glitch, but wanted to ask if anyone else has the same issue. I've been cleaning up my locations list. I have several locations where the list of "People using this location" do not use that location at all. At least, I cannot find where that location is being used anywhere in their individual page. I have used the file maintenance to no avail. The problem persists for a few locations.

Suggestions? Oh, and I'm using Legacy 9.0.0.198. Deluxe Edition on a PC running Windows 10 Home.

Comments

  1. Locations in marriages and events are also included.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thomas Phillips I got that. They aren't in either of those locations. I'm stumped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Use a text editor and search the ged file for the locations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thomas Phillips I finally cleared those entries. One was a marriage I missed; the other I still am not sure what happened. I just deleted the individuals and then added them back. I'm sure there is a better way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's good. I love data base analysis if you would want me to look at the file. Really not necessary since you have it fixed though. Did you run a database repair before this? Many times that will clear hanging links like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have noticed the same problem. Running maintenance fixe my issue. Glad I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment