How do I transfer my Legacy files to a new computer?

I just got a new computer, and I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out how to transfer my Legacy files. The instructions made it sound like once you put it on your flash drive, you just download the Legacy software and it uploads. That didn't really work right, so then I started transferring my 20,000 missing media files. I thought I had it, but then it's all gone again. I don't really understand. The new computer wants to save everything to "one cloud" and I just want to save it on my computer. Sorry, I'm really confused here. Any suggestions?

Comments

  1. Hi Leslie
    There are 2 ways to transfer your'e files with Media
    1) Backup your'e files and Media files to your'e computer as below
    Then use the "restore" Button under File
    2) Gedcom File this method does not include Media Files
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/QGLHaMyaq7YafwcikxH6Jw8o5-Y_TH0WBhpvgoU6Jt8g5ECCXFrQnqvaPc2kZxwd9sMhJ5yfjV7HSQ46H66k-DVm10uUAZGVx0g=s0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Thanks. I will try the restore. I didn't find their directions very helpful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment