Update: on my Legacy acting up.

Update:
Resorted to an uninstall and new download for the reinstall. Finally working again after 90 minutes of lost time.

HELP!

Just installed the latest update of Legacy 9 on my PC (Windows 10). Seemed to run ok but Legacy will not start up at all now. Nothing.

Looking in the programs directory, Legacy.exe is missing. Instead, there is a LegacyX.exe file. Double clicking that does not start anything (and nothing shows up in the task manager).

Some sort of glitch in the updater? If so, it should be many more people than me since it came out ~6/13.

Any ideas other than to uninstall and reinstall?? How do I protect my files which are not backed up to today?

Comments

  1. Hi James. Did you reboot? That sometimes works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the correct .exe file for Legacy 9 simply legacy.exe? Or possibly legacy9.exe? I don't have either in the program directory at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CHecking the install log, pretty much everything failed after the updater first deleted the legacy.exe file.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reinstall using my original Version 9 download sort of worked but gave an error about a wrong version each time I started up Legacy. So final resort is to try to get a new download.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New download for reinstall finally has things working, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My guess the Legacy9.exe and the deletion of legacy.exe question is because 9 updates you previous file version to the new file format required by 9. James as new glitches are discovered they issue a new updated version to fix any newly discovered errors alway download the latest it is there for a reason. The latest Windows introduced a few changes that Legacy is working to make sure Legacy has no issues.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment