What does Legacy mean when it says, "define a printer"?

What does Legacy mean when it says, "define a printer"?

Since my desktop died and I've relocated to a smaller space with a laptop, Legacy gives me grief every time I open the program (asking to define fonts) and then tells me I haven't defined a printer. In fact, I have installed my Brother printer; I'm just not hooked up to it.

This would be alright if I wanted to print something to paper, in which case I would carry my laptop from the living room into my office and plug it in. But most of the time this is not my intention. The problem is it won't allow me to print to PDF or text either.

I'm using version 7.5.

Comments

  1. We had this problem as well on a HP laptop running VISTA and running Legacy version 8. Never did find out the problem. We had our printer as the default printer and a good wireless connection. Did not have it with our other laptop. Suggest contacting Legacy support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Len Smith This is Legacy 7.5 and W7. The problem goes away when my USB printer is connected to my laptop. Although it makes no sense, I've concluded that I need to be connected to a physical printer, even though I'm not actually using it. I'm trying to print to text or PDF. This is somewhat of a nuisance since my laptop and printer are in different rooms. Legacy Support sounds like the thing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment