Don't all run to the same side of the airplane at once.

I've changed my links in the LVUG from JLog to Dropbox and that may confuse some people.

After nearly ten years, my website is now closed. For anyone still interested, the entire content has been archived in Dropbox as MHT pages and linked from https://jlbeeken.blogspot.com. MHT is simply a form of HTML but you may have to set your browser to open them by default. Otherwise they'll look like a stream of goobledygook.

It's a simple process. Download a page to your computer. Right-click and click Open With ... then choose Chrome. This should set it for all time. For Firefox you'll have to install the unMHT plugin first.

Dropbox will throw up a 'sign up' box as an obstacle for you but you do not need a Dropbox account to download a page.

Although JLog is presently re-directing traffic, the day will come when the old links are going to 1) hit a wall of ads or 2) land on the site of someone else who's bought the domain when my site comes down.

You may want to get ahead of this by changing your links where you can. Go to https://jlbeeken.blogspot.com, find the page in Dropbox, get the URL from the address bar and use Bitly (https://bitly.com/) to shorten it.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the update JL Beeken - I have always learned so much from your posts and suggestions on how to do things in Legacy (and with your computer).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tessa Keough.

    It's all still there, just in a different format that allows me to go away for years if I want to and not have any upkeep bills to pay. You may yet hear from me again as I'm prone to the 'just one more thing' syndrome that comes with the territory we all know so well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment