We are up and running!

Spent the better part of the weekend getting our LVUG community migrated to Blogger. When you haven't done something in a while (my poor neglected personal blogs), there is a bit of a learning curve. But with the example set by Russ Worthington (thanks Russ!) and just a bit of playing around with themes, layouts, and gadgets - I think we are up and running.

I decided to work from most current posts backward - so what you see right now is 2019, 2018, 2017 and 2016. That is 158 posts published and only 924 posts to go!

The remaining gems (924 posts) left to publish!
Photo by Annie Spratt at Unsplash


Here is a road map of sorts to help find you way here at the blog (so far ...)

  • I have not added a subscription or follow by email gadget yet because I believe if you sign up, it will notify you of each new post (I still have 924 posts to add - I wouldn't do that to my worst enemy as I just went through spring cleaning my Gmail inbox).
  • the search capability is at the top right hand corner and if you click on the magnifying glass the search box opens up - give it a try.
  • the hamburger (or three short lines) at the top left hand corner is a sidebar that houses the about me, archives, and labels (or tags). 
    • About Me - sorry can't do anything about that gadget in this template and I use my profile for all my blogs.
    • Archives are monthly - I wish this template had them by year and then month, I will keep checking. 
    • Labels are listed in alphabetical order - you can check out posts written by member name or by topic (and those topics match our topics from the LVUG community) and I have added a few more as I work through the posts.
  • the two lines with three dots (what is that called?!) at each post is a share button - when you click on it, you can share to various social media.
Okay - so kick the tires, let me know what works and what needs work. I will work through those remaining posts and then add in the subscription gadget.

Tessa

Comments