Are you using Legacy 9?

Good morning! How is everyone doing with Legacy 9??

Comments

  1. It won't work says it is missing a DLL file and some jet thing, but when I looked where they told me to they were all there. The tech said I needed a new computer and mine is only a year old. He tried to tell me that 8 must not have been working either and yes it was. I was really wanted to use some of the new features. I requested my money back for the update and they said 3 to 5 business days. I wish it had worked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine worked! Vickie try uninstalling 8 and 9. You might want to use an uninstaller app like Revo uninstaller.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pretty good with computers and I tried all of that too uninstalled 8 completely then reinstalled 9, still the same errors and the DLL file they told me to look for was there every time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It works fine until I close it. When I open it back up, it acts like I haven't used it before and needs me to convert my 8 to 9 and doesn't keep my new settings such as enabling the hint button and the ancestors colors I added to one of my lines. Anyone have any ideas why?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vickie, try uninstalling with Revo, it's a free utility, reboot and then reinstall. Revo can also clear up other orphan files that could be getting in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to install it on my ancient laptop today.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. So far so good for me. No problems to report...yet.
    Cheri Hudson Passey all of my colors stayed the same from what they were in 8. All customizations from 8 are as they were. The only difference that I see is what was added to 9. Contact support and see if they can help you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vickie Thompson are you a member of the Legacy Users Facebook Page? The reason I ask is that you can ask your question there and tag Michele Simmons Lewis in the post. She works for Legacy. She is a whiz. Maybe she can help you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am holding off for a while to upgrade. Mostly because I am so busy with other things and getting ready for my daughter and her three small children to be here a week, so I wouldn't have time to work on it anyway. I will let the dust settle a bit and then maybe some of the bugs will be worked out and I won't be frustrated by them.

    I did purchase the program though and fully intend to download it. I use the sync feature with FamilySearch as a tool, using the indicator arrows to know when someone has changed something at FS and use this to collaborate and for new clues on my ancestors. This feature will not be updated in v8, so I really will need to upgrade for that reason alone.

    I am also excited about the new hinting features. I have been working on FindaGrave extensively the past few months, so that might help me out a bit too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vickie Thompson definitely check out the Facebook group. They were able to help Cheri Hudson Passey straighten out her issues. Good luck!!

    Monique Riley the hashtags, findagrave, and the hinting are worth the upgrade. Once you have some time to play you will love it I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait! Why do we have to be bothered with incidentals like working, eating, and sleeping? I can never get enough of genealogy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone for all the great ideas. I am headed out of town for a few
    days but will have to give them a try when I get back.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been reading the responses and viewing the information on the Legacy site. Have not updated yet but will do so soon. Will have to set aside a few quiet days to get started on 9. Thanks for the great feedback and conversations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Agree completely - the Facebook page for Legacy is run by the company and Michelle from Legacy "works" the page as part of her duties. You will get quick answers to your questions and help from not only Michelle but also the many members on Facebook group. While I am not a huge fan of Facebook (and please be sure to read about privacy settings and the like if you are new to Facebook) it certainly has its uses and there are many great groups and pages for genealogists on Facebook. Always good to have many resources for Legacy users!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment