Having an image for every record in Legacy - my summer project.





So I am prepping to make the best use of my time when I am paying for Ancestry this summer. Cleaning up sources (Ancestry really did me wrong on that score, so there is a lot of cleanup.) But one thing I am planning to do is make sure I have an image for every citation that should have one. The quickest, most effective way for me to do this is to use a placeholder image. When I find a "missing" image, I add a placeholder image/file, named by my conventions (i.e. Vital Records Birth Cornelius Wood Alexander.) This way, I can easily see in my media file which records are missing images. AND when I download the missing image, I can simply replace that image. My new data will be a simple "save as" when I find it. (this image is free to use and share.)

Comments